Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Places on the Internet I have found to write.

In my quest to publish content on the Internet, I have found many places to make some change in my pocket. Some of these places are discussion boards or review sites. I welcome all to view and try these sites. Let me know how your progress is going or if you find they are not paying as you would like them too.

  • Hubpages.com
  • Whixy.com
  • ehow.com
  • Bukisa.com
  • oDesk.com
  • gzyn.com
  • contentcurrent.com
  • squidoo.com
  • Triond.com
  • Associatedcontent.com
  • Examiner.com (I write on them - personally so if you want you can put my name on your application as a referral [April Godbout])
  • Mylot.com (discussion board)
  • Xomiba.com
  • gather.com
  • Textbroker.com
  • freelanceswitch.com
  • Shvoong.com

I will be adding to this list as my blogs get posted. So, I welcome any comments. I have also added this blog to my profile page on hubpages.com, I have this attached to facebook and twitter so by all means you can add me to your friends if you would like. I welcome all communication. I would like to know if you have any questions you might want to ask me.

I am trying to get some research done on my examiner.com plus-size fashion articles. If there are any plus-size fashion problems or questions, I would love to hear them. I am always trying to add new content.

Now to my actual blog. Yeah! I have the next two days off to just write. Well, I also need to find time to get my apartment picked up and vaccumed. Heehee! Ya, right. I actually had a great night sleep. I am taking something for my sleep issues and so far it is working. How long? Don't know, but we will see.

I am thinking about starting a writer's club with a couple of writers at my day J.O.B. They want my advice on publishing a graphic/some what violent comic book. So, I figured we should just sit down and meet. In other words, if there are anyone interested in starting an online writer's club with me or if you are located in or near Concord, NH drop me a line.

I would not necessarily run the writer's club, I am just a venue to start one in our area. I am thinking about meeting at a Dunkin Donut's or the library to start with... trying to do a no fee at this point. I have been in several writer's clubs in the past either online or face to face meeting. There are benefits of being in a writer's club if for nothing else, but support.

My book, as I wrote last time, has been scratched. I need to do a total rewrite. I am going in a direction that I did not intend on going and I am not happy with it. This happens. Do not fret if in your own writing that you end up scrapping the whole thing. Put it on the back burner and when your anger releases, pick it back up. Mull over it, grab what you liked, throw what you hate and move on. I rewrote my first book at least five times before I was happy. My second book I took out of publication. I did this because I wanted to add more to it without adding a sequel. I have a couple of publishers thinking about it. So, I hope after I add more I will be able to publish it as a new book. I am not in favor of sequels, however, I love reading them. I just am a writer with ADHD I swear. After I tell my story, I want to write in another direction. Please do not think that I frown on sequels. As I just told you, I read them. I am just not a sequel writer.

Oh, I have been toying around with an idea of starting a website with the intent of having writers publish short ongoing stories and have subscriptions sold for that short story. Like a on going soap opera. You submit five pages each week keeping the story going and others pay a small amount for the subscriptions and I paypal the amount to the author of the shorts. If there are anyone interested, let me know.

Well, I suppose I have postponed my own article writing long enough. I hope this blog finds you well. I might have a chance to add another blog today, but I will definately add tomorrow. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment