Thursday, July 23, 2009

networking

Well, hello all!
I just wanted to drop by and see how you all were doing. So? How are you doing? I want to just droll on about a subject that I can not stress enough - networking. I had a wonderful opportunity in my own J.O.B. to network about my writing and past experiences. I think I told you all about working with other writers. Well, Saturday we decided to get together at Borders in Concord. Although, one of our three guest did not show up - myself and one of the other writers had quite a meeting. The meeting was only suppose to be an hour - nope, almost two hours we met. It was a wonderful meeting. Because of networking even in my day job - I now have the opportunity (possibly) to open a new publishing company with the help of the other writer. It had been his dream, and mine to start again. We need to hash out the details, but I love writing and I love to make other writers dreams come true. It seems like we have the same goals and the same ethics, so I hope to start this project in the near future.
What does this really have to do with networking? You would be surprised at how many doors have opened for me - personally - through networking. You can network anywhere you go. Meet with other writiers, meet with editors... meet with everyone. You need to get yourself out there - the jobs and opportunities will not come knocking at your door. You need to make things happen for yourself.
Some places to network on the internet:
Myspace
Yuwie
facebook
twitter
digg
through your own blogs
oh, my the list goes on.
If you have found a new networking place, drop me a comment. I would love to check it out.
Well, I am off. I have a writing project that I have to do before I have to go back to work tomorrow. Remember to read, write and be merry.

No comments:

Post a Comment